End of year board meetings, Family gatherings, Holiday getaways, We’re coming up on a season filled with travel and, by extension, a season of spending time away from home. Whether you’re staying in the nicest hotel or sleeping on your great aunt’s couch, nothing carries all of the comforts of home. We’ve gathered our top tips for bringing a piece of home with you wherever you go.
5. Create a Routine The simplest way to feel at home is to build a routine that can just as easily be carried out at a beach house or hotel as it can be on a camping trip. Try a morning ritual of journaling and meditation or an evening ritual of writing daily gratitudes. These small moments can be extremely centering when you’re in a place that isn’t home.
4. Pack Your Necessities Everyone has a different must-have for holiday and business travel. Maybe you feel more at ease when you bring your own robe and house shoes. Maybe you have to pack your miniature white noise machine so that you can get the best rest. You might need your own pillowcase or a sleep mask that will transport you back to your own room. Identify the objects that say home to you, and make sure you bring them on all of your holiday travels. But whatever you do please don't get stuck on the road or on the plane without essentials that make you feel clean. Our go to is Joseph's Toiletries kits which include disposable wipes and hygienic spray!
3. Follow Your Nose Smells have a powerful ability to connect you with places and memories. Find a room spray or an essential oil that you associate with positive memories. This is especially helpful when you’re traveling for business. Bringing a scent with you in the shower or misting the room you’re staying in will bring a sense of place to an otherwise unfamiliar space.
2. Bring A Piece of Home With You If you’re staying in someone else’s home, bring a piece of home with you as a host or hostess gift. Our go to is the Lino Robe, light weight and chic! Your host will appreciate you bringing something unique to where you’re from, and you’ll get to enjoy one of the comforts of home during your stay. A cozy gift like this lays the foundation for deeper connection and conversation.
1. Focus on Connections Ultimately, home is about the people you share it with. You can build a home, of sorts, anywhere you go. Choose to engage in conversation rather than being keeping your head stuck in your phone or laptop. This is equally important for holiday travel and business travel, when we can use our electronics as a way to escape the present moment. Enjoy the moment you’re in with the people who are there to share it with you, and you will always feel more at home. Your loved one is sure to fall in love with a stone keepsake jewelry box.
What are your quick tips for feeling at home? We’d love to hear them in the comments below. All of the items featured on the blog can be found on our store www.leibona.com